Wednesday, April 8, 2009

dedicated.

I think it's taken around an hour to upload these pictures. so I hope they're worth it. : )

today Susan and I visited our land! I cannot even put into words how excited I am about everything. (in case you couldn't tell from the huge grins on our faces). it's gorgeous. there's a fence going all the way around, and a cabin for our caretaker, and a bathroom/shower for him.

we spent some time walking all the way around the land (I took
about a million pictures). then we walked to the store and bought meat and flour, which I carried on my head like a good Luo. : )

we made lunch with our caretaker (it smelled like camping) and then headed home.

I wore sunscreen like a good girl, and we sat in the shade for most of the time, but I still got a really odd sunburn. lines on my arms and a triangle on each foot. go figure.

I have a loooooot more pictures, but at the rate of uploading one picture every four hours, I'm calling it a night.

I know it doesn't look that impressive from these pictures. but it is so exciting to see a building. a fence. beacons. the caretaker spends his days chopping up the smaller bushes (leaving the trees), and Susan's nephews (my little brothers) have been picking seeds (I don't know the name of them in English) and on Saturday we will bring them to the land. we're going to dry them and then, when it rains, plant them around the perimeter so we can build up a shrubbery fence. it will look really nice, I think.

all this to say, I am THRILLED about the land. I just wish we had the money to start building. (on that note- rather than spend a lot of money on a well- money we don't even have now- we are paying our neighbour and using his water.)

I'm having some trouble with Twitter. when I update from my phone, it's supposed to post on facebook, on my twitter site, on the left side of this blog, and to people's phones. it says I'm sending them but so far they haven't shown up on the blog or on facebook. (not sure if they're going to people's phones...anyone?)

anyway...I have been updating a couple times today (like I texted from the land today and said I was standing on Visible Grace soil!). so, if you're not getting the updates, I'm very sorry.


I hope you all are doing well. praise God for his faithfulness. I'm encouraged.

6 comments:

Angie said...

And today I brought about 20 books home from preschool!!! Let's fill that library that we don't yet have money to build. :O)

cdrthethird said...

Hi Ash! Nice update and great pictures! Exciting to see the fence and shed etc. Very cool.

No cell updates or twitters, so something is amiss.
Stay safe and productive and have fun. Keep us posted.
Love you. - Dad

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you Ashby! Thanks for the update. Abigail says she loves you and misses you.

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

Love you, Ashby. So excited for you! And happy that you are happy with the place!! I was telling some people about you and Visible Grace yesterday :) Anyway, glad you are well. what are you reading?

Unknown said...

i always get choked up when i read your blog. (which i know isn't saying much since i get choked up watching animal planet...) i miss you!

love, your overly emotional sister.

chris lindgren said...

Very cool! Thanks, Ash!