Monday, June 16, 2008

what's up-date



Busy day, and I'm exhausted, but I just wanted to post a few pictures...

side note: i'm tryin REAL hard to get the captions to match up to the pictures, but the internets are being difficult. i'll leave it up to you to discern which picture is of Kamugu, which is of an ostrich, which is of a tree, and so on. i trust you're up to the task.






This is Mbita (the village I taught in) at night, and during the day time. Pretty, no?







An ostrich.













This is my friend Kim. I was carrying him in the sarong, like a real Kenyan, but he climbed out (while I was standing. It was sort of traumatic. He climbed around to my front. Rather like a monkey, that one.


















Kamugu. He's a nut.



My FAVOURITE animal in the world!







And a close-up of a giraffe- this might be my favourite picture ever. (I think this looks like a self-portrait, like the giraffe was holding the camera!)




3 comments:

Brian said...

That ostrich photo is awesome. And if you like Giraffes you are going to like my mom's house.

Glad things are going well.

Tiffany Carlson said...

I'm glad the giraffe did not eat you ;)

rachel said...

i LOVE that picture of the sunset/boat/water