Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mary Poppins

I always keep a lot of stuff in my purse- babysitting supplies, VG stuff, knitting or a book (in case I have 'free time'), inhalor, eyedrops, contact case, source of protein (I'm apparently really high maintenance, physically).

When I'm in Kenya my purse certainly doesn't get any lighter, but it gets more specific: hand sanitizer. tissue paper. sunscreen, camera. Really, I'm ready for anything. I get a lot of crap for my purse, both here and in the US. But I like to be prepared.

So yesterday when I stopped by a friend's house to meet her new baby (and play with her two year old) and she informed me that I would not actually be going home but would in fact be spending the night with her, I mentally ran through the things I had with me:

toothbrush (always)
eyedrops
contact case
allergy medicine
etc

and realised I was ready to go. I didn't need a single thing. Finally, my bag of tricks was to be put to good use.

Which was really good news, because their two year old is extremely awesome.


3 comments:

Glen said...

S/he looks awesome!! Well, if you're Mary Poppins, then you are going to definitely need a hat. And an umbrella. And Dick Van Dyke to dance with. love you.

Ashby and Abram said...

she...her name is Tanaka...pretty cute, huh?

I have an umbrella, 'cause it's rainy season here...just need DVD and I'm set!

love you mamacita! happy packing! :)

Kristin said...

Pretty!