Sunday, May 16, 2010

tourism

Jon and Chad arrived a few days ago. yesterday I took them to my favourite place on earth- the giraffe center. you can feed the giraffe, take pictures with them, and learn about the endangered... (species? family? genus?) of giraffe- the Rothschild.

today we went to church, ate lunch and went to my friend Tony's birthday party. it is amazing how only two or three small errands can consume an entire day.

this week we'll begin shooting for the Visible Grace video. we'll be interviewing our board and some of my friends, we'll go to the VG property and take a tour and my friend Christine will be taking us into the slums of Ngong to meet some of her friends.

it's been a wonderful few days. I'm learning a lot about how to prep for American visitors, and what to expect when they're here.

tomorrow Susan is going to the ministry of lands to dole out various payments and taxes to apply toward our building permits. keep that in your prayers!

(and...the picture is taking TOO LONG to upload. pictures later!)

No comments: