Friday, August 15, 2008

mimi nikohapa, na nahisi baridi sana

I'm here. And boy, is it fun to travel for 30 hours straight.

No, really.

Furthermore, Susan and I have already staked out The Perfect Plot of Land:

It's basically the same as everything else we've looked at, BUT:
~great location
~TOUCHING a paved road
~ALREADY has elec and WATER!!!
~full-grown trees, more space, less shrubbery (SHRUBBERY!)
~flat enough for a soccer field or, you know, for me to lay out my yoga mat.

The only catch is, it's more money than we have right now. (But far less than the Really Really Expensive Ones we've looked at in the past.) Susan and I are meeting with the land owner and his son and our mutual friend (better known as Baba Andrew) on Tuesday. So, IF the owner agrees to let us pay the remainder on, say, October 5th (ahem), then we're gonna go for it. We'll ask for the title deed, ask our lawyer to clear it, sign a contract, and so on and so forth. Pictures to follow, OF COURSE.

ALSO, GUESS WHAT: my daddy is coming to Kenya next week! For a whopping 4 days (don't tell him there's no wireless internet at Susan's house). I'm so excited for him to see my life here- and meet Susan- and see the land we want to buy- and whip us all into shape so we can get some work done. He gets here Saturday the 23rd...

That's all I've got for now. Miss you all. More soon!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Hey rafiki, good job with the perfect piece of land!!! Is there an undiscovered fountain of youth there also, per chance? Then you would have absolutely NO money worries!: ) Have fun and be safe!