Wednesday, February 23, 2011

brought to you by someone who is fiercely craving those gummy apple ring things

Tonight when I got home, the power was out again. I lit candles and carried the laundry in from the lines. Then I made popcorn and settled down to watch a movie on my (partially charged) computer. And THEN I made dinner in the dark.

The second I finished cooking, the power came back on.

I have a few more things to write, but I’m going to save them until I can really think. This cold is still dragging on and it makes me feel crazy. And groggy.

Um. So in the meantime here are some thoughts, live from Ngong:
~They are paving the road from Ngong to Karen, which means the buses travel on the side of the road. It also means employment for an awful lot of people.
~They passed a new law that all buses have to carry garbage cans. I’ve yet to see anyone use them.
~I paid for my 6th bridesmaid dress yesterday. (I will probably eventually set a record, and no, ’27 dresses’ doesn’t count.)
~I also bought shoes.
~I really, really don’t understand who started this rumour that roosters crow at dawn. They crow ALL NIGHT LONG.
~I figured out how to control the weather: if I carry my umbrella, it doesn’t rain. If I forget it, it does. Works every time.
~Susan is walking down the aisle to Celine Dion and I am reading from 1 Corinthians. Anyone care to guess which chapter?

3 comments:

Angie said...

Celine Dion? Really? So the wedding must be this Sunday, after church or Saturday? Silly me thought it was last weekend since that's when rehersal was. I think so American.

Ede said...

WOW you will never guess what I was eating when I started reading this blog, I feel guily eating them now,,lol.

J Von B said...

I'm gonna take a stab at...chapter 13?