Friday, February 11, 2011

Marie Antoinette, and whatnot.

Okay: I’m exhausted and the internet is driving me batty. But I am determined to at least TRY to blog every day, which means not giving up on day three. Right?

Today is Susan’s nephew Kim’s twelfth birthday. (It took me three tries to spell ‘twelfth’. That is a really weird word.) This morning I went to the American supermarket (again!) to buy a cake, some candles, some noisemakers (you’re welcome, Kenyan mothers everywhere!) and some chips and juice. Total: about $10; $12 if you include bus fare.

Worth it. Pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Angie said...

There is no way he is 12 already! They grow up fast.

Ashby and Abram said...

I KNOW. he was the first baby I held on my back like a Kenyan.

I've been coming to Kenya for 11 years now.